As usual I was mega excited to receive my Birchbox delivery... this month's theme was the Global Striker World Cup.
Heres what I got in the box-
1.OPI nail Laquer- 'Next stop the Bikini Zone' (mini size)
3. Birchbox Brazilian flipflop keyring
4. Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical lipstick in shade-Corail Doux (full size)
5. Coola Classic sunscreen (7ml)
I wasn't so happy about.....
I'll be honest (as I always am on my blog!) I wasn't impressed at all when I opened the box up. Here are my reasons as to why-
1. The OPI nail varnish is teeny tiny, its completely not a shade I'd ever wear and when applying it it made my nails feel so dry!
2. The flipflop... okay now I know there are tons of ladies out there who love football and would enjoy the football related theme but I'm not one of them.. sorry Birchbox but football is taking over my TV, my Mr and every other conversation around me on a daily basis.. I didn't want it taking over my monthly beauty box too! I'm not one for gimmicky key rings really either so this one is now sitting in my desk draw.
3. Coola sunscreen- Okay I haven't actually used this yet but I'm saving the miniscule amount for a roasting hot day.. my foundations all have SPF in anyway so I'm not sure when I'm going to try this out. Come on Birchbox- this is a poor sample size for sure!
I was impressed by......
Silk and Honey hair mask-a good sample size and it smells fresh. I've used it once and my hair seems to have a lovely shine to it.
Laura Mercier soufflé body creme- OHHHH my goodness this is amazing- I'd heard about it on blogs/youtube but didn't realise how delicious a body cream could be. I have, in one week, used over half of this sample tube already. I take it to work with me every day and apply it 2/3 times (maybe more!) Yesterday people in my office started commenting "Someone smells really nice" and the compliments continued throughout the day- 7 people to be exact!
The Yves Rocher lipstick is a really cute colour,great glossy like shine and yummy cherry taste. I like the fact its quite sheer to start but is build-able for a more noticeable pop of colour. I recommend this!
Overall I was slightly disappointed by the box this month- the products seemed to vary a lot between subscribers- some boxes got 6 items, some got 5. Some,like mine, got left overs from last month and others got great new products like the Beauty Blender.
I found it hard to place the products with the theme of the box too.
This box has however introduced me to some new great brands, I'm going to invest in some Laura Mercier and some Yves Rocher in the future!
If you'd like to subscribe to Birchbox please click here- we both get money off!
Did you get a good selection this month?
What other boxes would you recommend I try?